The recently announced WaSP Accessibility Task Force (ATF) needs your help - if you are a screen reader user, be that an every-day user or someone who uses the tool for testing purposes, we want to hear from you.
- What are your biggest frustrations where support for XHTML/HTML is concerned?
- What are the biggest problems with your screen reader software’s support for HTML elements that it really should be able to cope with?
- What do you find most difficult when listening to a web page which could be improved by basic HTML support?
Please feed your comments using the feedback form and be sure to make clear the following:
- What software and version you are using
- Describe the problem
- Provide a live URL for an example of how the screen reader gets it wrong
I know that other people on the WaSP ATF are also asking for feedback of this nature. It will be collated and then used when WaSP approaches the screen reader vendors - this is your chance to have your say. With some hope, and with enough weight of evidence, perhaps the people making the software might pay attention.